All you will need is 1 Medium Head of Cabbage and 1-3 Tbsp. sea salt.
30 MIN PREP , 14 DAY ”COOK”
1. Chop or shred cabbage. Sprinkle with salt.
2. Knead the cabbage with clean hands, or pound with a potato masher or Cabbage Crusher about 10 minutes,
until there is enough liquid to cover.
3. Stuff the cabbage into a quart jar, pressing the cabbage underneath the liquid. If necessary, add a bit of water to completely cover cabbage.
4. Cover the jar with a tight lid, airlock lid, or
coffee filter secured with a rubber band.
5. Culture at room temperature (60-70°F is preferred) for at least 2 weeks until desired flavor and texture are achieved. If using a tight lid, burp daily to release excess pressure.
6. Once the sauerkraut is finished, put a tight lid on the jar and move to cold storage. The sauerkraut’s flavor will continue to develop as it ages.
7. The cabbage did the work, now you can enjoy!